Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
spam attack
probably been said before , but do these shi*hawks actually believe people would buy the products after experiencing a spam attack.
Higher sign up security required me thinks.....
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
Sometimes it happens unfortunately. We have several anti-bot protection measures but if someone human sits down and decides to take the time to sit down and create 8 accounts and spam with each one, then there is little we can do sometimes.

I will update some of our registration security questions that need to be answered.

Thanks for all the reports in the meantime, makes it much easier to clear up quickly.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

(07-06-2013, 09:18 AM)Andre Wrote:  Sometimes it happens unfortunately. We have several anti-bot protection measures but if someone human sits down and decides to take the time to sit down and create 8 accounts and spam with each one, then there is little we can do sometimes.

I will update some of our registration security questions that need to be answered.

Thanks for all the reports in the meantime, makes it much easier to clear up quickly.

I have a friend in Yorkshire that had the same problem with spam in his message pages. His solution? nothing gets posted until he or one of his moderators checks it first. Ok it means that there is a delay between posting seeing your message on the board and getting replies but it works 100%.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
What about pinging every new member 25p to join?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to addo for this post
(07-06-2013, 10:49 AM)Trevor Wrote:  
(07-06-2013, 09:18 AM)Andre Wrote:  Sometimes it happens unfortunately. We have several anti-bot protection measures but if someone human sits down and decides to take the time to sit down and create 8 accounts and spam with each one, then there is little we can do sometimes.

I have a friend in Yorkshire that had the same problem with spam in his message pages. His solution? nothing gets posted until he or one of his moderators checks it first. Ok it means that there is a delay between posting seeing your message on the board and getting replies but it works 100%.

No real spam problems on the FCF, which seems to have considerably more traffic than here. Just a few tweaks required by Andre, that's all.

Human moderation should be thing of the past with the tools available. On top of that, I presume Andre has a life away from here, and doesn't want to be an unpaid netcop. He gives enough time and money as it is to keep us with a forum.
2004 Multispace Desire HDi - "Bertie"
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mikep1973 for this post
(07-06-2013, 01:03 PM)addo Wrote:  What about pinging every new member 25p to join?

Wouldnt work-too many scots around.:thumbsup:
(07-06-2013, 02:54 PM)evdama Wrote:  
(07-06-2013, 01:03 PM)addo Wrote:  What about pinging every new member 25p to join?

Wouldnt work-too many scots around.:thumbsup:
evdama trying to divert attention away from his plans- he would want to pay with ginger bottles., or by giving dungeon tours. :eek:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut: