Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Heater leaking!!
Sad 
Just bought my 04 berlingo van and found that the heater is leaking :brickwall:, I have tried the easy way first :lol: a bottle of Inno stop. I thought I had it sorted but it started leaking again this morning Sick
Think I should check the heater matrix. So its take the dash out, steering column is removed, I have the three nuts removed from the bulk head and everything else from the inside that I can see but the dash seems to be stuck on the drivers side. Has anyone any idea what I have missed???? :brickwall:

Thanks Roly
Roly

2004 Berlingo 600 Enterprise
Confusedafesex: If in doubt flat out!!Confusedafesex:
I seem to remember someone once saying that there where some bolts ? under the windscreen wiper cover but my memory sometimes gets it completely wrong but might be worth a look, my matrix must be seeping going by the smell from the heater so it must be a common problem, mk2 2007 1.6hdi if you get in there could you confirm that it is the matrix and not a pipe connection good luck.
Dash out :lol: no other screws holding it, just needed a twist, pull and wiggle of the hips. Heater pulled away from the bulk head and heater matrix out, definitly it leaking. New one ordered and should be in tomorrow or the next day. I have been taking photos so will post them in the "How to" section when I get a bit of time.
(09-05-2011, 12:45 PM)jimbo Wrote:  I seem to remember someone once saying that there where some bolts ? under the windscreen wiper cover but my memory sometimes gets it completely wrong but might be worth a look, my matrix must be seeping going by the smell from the heater so it must be a common problem, mk2 2007 1.6hdi if you get in there could you confirm that it is the matrix and not a pipe connection good luck.

No you are right Jimbo three screws around the wiper linkage, yes it is the matrix but even if it is the pipe connection you still have to pull the dash out.
Roly

2004 Berlingo 600 Enterprise
Confusedafesex: If in doubt flat out!!Confusedafesex:
Mine's just done this so i bypassed it after taking one look at what's involved in changing the matrix and thought "forget that" (but not *quite* so politely...) It will be done one day, but for now, I'll do without I think.

ALso took the oppotunity to flush the radiator and stuff out a bit and after the unholy amount of crap that came out, I'm glad i did Smile

It is quite a big job iirc.

Try logging in here, entering your vin and seeing if there is a blow up diagram of your dash/matrix console.

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=251
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]