Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
How to tighten pop-out rear windows?
The pop out windows in the sliding doors are really loose on my car. I can see a couple of hex bolts on the front fixings but they're a sod to get to - suspect you have to take all the door trim off...

But the rear fixing appears to be one solid lump. Can't see how I can get it apart to access a bolt to tighten it where it fixes to the glass.

Has anyone managed this?
It has a blanking plug over the screw (20 Torx) should be able to flick it out with a blade
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mindwipe for this post:
  • Mike
(03-08-2013, 01:53 PM)mindwipe Wrote:  It has a blanking plug over the screw (20 Torx) should be able to flick it out with a blade
Hi I wonder if you can help me please. I have a Berlingo XTR 2009. This afternoon the blanking plug that you mention has popped off my rear window while I was driving and I was unable to find it. The window is now completely loose and I have had to tie it together for now. Am I able to buy a replacement and if so do you know what it is called as I have not been able to find it on any site.
Many thanks
It sounds as though the screw has wound itself out, then popped the plastic cover away, and then the lot has gone walkies.

The latch is 858255
The fixing nut is 857379
The nut's seal is 698807
The screw is 690574
The overcap is 857378

Maybe £20-25 all in, from a dealer. I would recommend thread locker or a spot of glue/sealant on your screw threads to stop a repeat of the event.

A bodge to make it a fixed window for life, might be a discreet bead of black polyurethane sealant applied by a passing windscreen fitter.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to addo for this post:
  • RolyG
(03-08-2013, 10:24 PM)addo Wrote:  It sounds as though the screw has wound itself out, then popped the plastic cover away, and then the lot has gone walkies.

The latch is 858255
The fixing nut is 857379
The nut's seal is 698807
The screw is 690574
The overcap is 857378

Maybe £20-25 all in, from a dealer. I would recommend thread locker or a spot of glue/sealant on your screw threads to stop a repeat of the event.

A bodge to make it a fixed window for life, might be a discreet bead of black polyurethane sealant applied by a passing windscreen fitter.

Thank you so much for your help
(03-08-2013, 10:24 PM)addo Wrote:  It sounds as though the screw has wound itself out, then popped the plastic cover away, and then the lot has gone walkies.

The latch is 858255
The fixing nut is 857379
The nut's seal is 698807
The screw is 690574
The overcap is 857378

Just wanted to say thanks again. I managed to get the 2 parts I needed today (the fixing nut and the nut's seal) £2.48 in total from a Citroen parts dealer in Small Heath in Birmingham. It was a bit of a drive from where we live but having rung around about 12 dealers in my area this morning they were the only one with the parts in stock. We are off to the Lake District tomorrow and I didn't want to be driving up the motorway with the widow tied together with a boot lace. So all sorted and I even fitted it myself! Your help with the part numbers made the phone calls so much easier so thank you. My first experience on this site sorted out really quickly.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Rachel10 for this post:
  • addo, Ol'Jeffers, RolyG, taxi
Pleased it went well, and was cheap. Better than getting some smarmy bugger saying you need to buy a whole window assembly or such because they can't be arsed looking at the parts breakdown.

I'm a bit insufferable in real life, so I try to be helpful on the internet. Sort of a reverse troll.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to addo for this post:
  • Chaz, RolyG
Hi all

Just noticed that one of our rear windows is loose. We are in France so have the trauma of viviting a French Citroen dealer to order the parts. We have lost two of the rubber caps that go over the bolt heads. Addo, if you see this and are feeling helpful again, is the overcap you refer to the 857378 you refer to? We have tightened it for now but I don't want to do it finally without replacing the rubber caps.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
I don't see a change of part number. Try Midi Auto Lorient's website (or email Guillaume, the rep).
Thanks. Managed to finally tighten them and stop them flapping about!