Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
sump studs/bolts
hi, had to change my sump today as the old one was pourous, the new one is alloy.

all went well except 2 of the bolts wouldnt take hold of the threads when trying to get them in, we think the new sump has a slightly thicker top on it, meaning i could need a couple of longer bolts.

is there anywhere i can get the bolts from over the internet? im very rarely near a citroen dealer and need this fixed as soon as i can, its not leaking oil but i dont want to drive it till the last couple of bolts are in.

Theres a recent thread detailing the size of the bolt get them from eBay for a couple of quid.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to steve valentine for this post
thanks, i've just got my tap and dye kit out and measured the ones that werent quite long enough. M7 with a 1mm pitch and 15mm long excluding the head. away to ebay to buy some.
Hi there. Can you tell me which engine the sump failed on, how old it was and where did you get your replacement sump from and how mucho dinero. Cheers
it was on my 1.9 non turbo. i got the sump off ebay, it was listed as fitting a lot of citroen/pug diesel engines and only cost £68. its alloy too, so wont rust. it is a bit shallower at the flywheel side, we were worried it would make contact with the crankshaft and oil pick up but it worked out ok. also, it has a bracket for an aircon compressor (i think) which means i need 2 bolts at about 50mm long to replace the 15mm bolts. oh the van is an 05 plate.
Thought so, i have a 1.9. and the sump is very rusty at the front, ive sprayed stuff on it before to slow down the rust. cheers for that info.