Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
12v permanent live in boot
I want to put an extra 12v socket in the back of my 10reg 110 XTR that is wired to permanent live.
After searching on the forum I came across a thread that appears to answer my question
(22-10-2011, 07:57 PM)kaspian Wrote:  Been out today wiring in the new towbar electrics and discovered that the wiring plugs for the dedicated towbar wiring kit are behind the L.H rear boot panel as expected.
One of these plugs contains a single heavy white wire . This wire goes all the way to the fusebox under the bonnet/nearside . After disconnecting the battery it is a simple task to pull upwards on the fuse box assembly which exposes around 8 maxi blade fuses which are normally hidden behind the engine management system control box. Position 2 (2nd from left) is spare and when a fuse is inserted it supplies perm. 12v to the wire at rear allowing a supply to power the bypass relay unit.

The problem I have is that either I'm looking for the wrong cable and/or fuse or there is something else I've missed

From the User manual it says that Fuse 11 (40amp) is the spare one (I assume this is the one that 'kaspian' refers to in his post)
Here is the diagram from the manual
[Image: 1zog66u.jpg]

When looking at my engine compartment fuse box, Fuse 11 is the one marked below in red and already has a 40amp fuse in it
[Image: une6w.jpg]

When I go to the back panel to find the 'thick white cable' mentioned in the original post, I find there is a possibility of two white cables as identified below
[Image: 24euy50.jpg]

Question 1 is: which of these white cables is being fed from Fuse 11
and
Question 2: I have tested both these cables and there is no live feed to either of them

This then brings me back to Fuse 11.
Have I got the wrong fuse, or is there something else I am missing here

On reading other posts about the factory fitted connections for a towbar, some people have had to have the wiring activated by a dealer
Do you think that this is the reason why the 'white' cable is currently not being fed with power

Eventually I intend to have a towbar fitted, so if this cable does need to be activated by a dealer, I may wait until the towbar is fitted with the cables to utilise the spare connections

Any insight in to this is much appreciated
it's cable no 1.

Aber es kan es sein, das nur mit angebauter Anhängerkupplung elekronik funktioniert... Auch die must im BSI "angemeldet" sein.
you have identified the wrong fuse - read carefully- After disconnecting the battery it is a simple task to pull upwards on the fuse box assembly which exposes around 8 maxi blade fuses which are normally hidden behind the engine management system control box. Position 2 (2nd from left) is spare and when a fuse is inserted it supplies perm. 12v to the wire at rear allowing a supply to power the bypass relay unit or a 12v socket . The fuses in question are MAXI BLADE fuses ie a good bit bigger than a normal fuse! From memory it is wire no. one that becomes the perm. supply for trailer relay or 12v socket[/b] from your photos . Hope this helps!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to kaspian for this post:
  • Art b, Slurrymonster
(26-08-2013, 09:55 PM)kaspian Wrote:  you have identified the wrong fuse - read carefully- After disconnecting the battery it is a simple task to pull upwards on the fuse box assembly which exposes around 8 maxi blade fuses which are normally hidden behind the engine management system control box. Position 2 (2nd from left) is spare and when a fuse is inserted it supplies perm. 12v to the wire at rear allowing a supply to power the bypass relay unit or a 12v socket . The fuses in question are MAXI BLADE fuses ie a good bit bigger than a normal fuse! From memory it is wire no. one that becomes the perm. supply for trailer relay or 12v socket[/b] from your photos . Hope this helps!

Thanks for correcting me on the fuse issue, I will inspect the maxi fuses tomorrow and report back
I have now found the correct fuse, I was looking at the wrong one.

If anybody is interested this is what it looks like when the fusebox is lifted to reveal the Maxi Fuses
[Image: 2wqa4qu.jpg]

I have now put a 40 amp fuse in to the spare socket and I now have permanent live at cable no. 1 that I referred to in my first post

Again, if anybody is interested, the original 12v socket costs £11.50 from Citroen
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to ntm1275 for this post:
  • chash, g6gak, John Pearce, Slurrymonster, taxi
Thanks for that, the wiring on the berlingo is a nightmare. My first Berlingo was a joy now on my fourth they seem to be sliding downhill. The latest has ECO why would I want my engine to switch off when I stop at traffic lights etc. just something else to go wrong.
(27-08-2013, 04:11 PM)I am doing the same thing. I removed the battery lead but the fuse box does not want to come up. Are there clips or something else that holds it? Wrote:  ntm1275I have now found the correct fuse, I was looking at the wrong one.

If anybody is interested this is what it looks like when the fusebox is lifted to reveal the Maxi Fuses
[Image: 2wqa4qu.jpg]

I have now put a 40 amp fuse in to the spare socket and I now have permanent live at cable no. 1 that I referred to in my first post

Again, if anybody is interested, the original 12v socket costs £11.50 from Citroen
I am doing the same thing. I removed the battery lead but the fuse box does not want to come up. Are there clips or something else that holds it?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to John Pearce for this post:
  • dunfillin
OK found the three clips that hold the fusebox in and fitted the 40 amp fuse as stated but no power to large white cable.
Hello Experts! I have recently brought a new Berlingo Multispace 1.6 hdi blue 100. I need to fit a 12 volt socket in the rear. I have fitted a maxi fuse in the hidden no2 position & I now need to expose the white wire at the rear. Can anyone tell me the exact procedure to remove the rear panel? Is it the furthest back left hand one? Any advice would be great!