Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
rear axle question
Just had the rear axle changed on my 53 plate 2.0hdi, no longer makes the horrible noises, which is great, but it seems to be sitting a good few inches lower at the back now, is this normal?
Ive spoken to the mechanic, he says the axle is just bolt on, no adjustment at his side of things. Axle supplier says as far as he's concerned the axle is fine, he's prepared to give me another under warranty but is not keen on paying for it to be fitted. Im going to speak to citroen and see what they say.
If your axle is a used one,it must be off the wrong vehicle, if it is "reconditioned" then it has not been set up incorrectly. They usually sit up a bit higher when reconditioned, as your old worn one would have been sagging
You have my sympathies....This is just the sort of thing I don't want to read, re-conditioners incorrectly setting the torsion bars to incorrect ride height, its a huge cock-up which is causing this guy a major headache, and worries me as my Lingo will need a axle in the years to come.
There is data in the archive that could help you identify what you have, ie correct colour torsion bar.

Look at the links in this link ... http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/archive/i...-2987.html

also info on adjusting torsion bar / ride heights .... http://www.suzukituning.com/PSA/Suspension/Lowering.htm
Just put coil overs on the front and see it as a blessing in disguise Confusedalut:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
Thanks for the info all, its reconditioned and painted silver all over so I cant tell from that. The guy specializes in these and seems to do a good job, fits grease nipples and that, and he says he only uses the thicker torsion bars and sets them high.
I need the ride height and carrying capacity for firewood, canoes and whatnot, otherwise i'd have followed steve's advice then got the windows tinted Smile
Was the old one actually raised from standard, or possibly a "poor roads" variant?
Not to my knowledge, and not by visual comparison with every other berlingo on the road. The tyres are only barely below the wheel arch.
This is standard for an "800" rated van so far as I know:

[Image: k0f6.jpg]