Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Exterior Modifications
Haven't posted for a while, just been browsing now and again but I'm still here..

just wondered if anyone has debadged their Berlingo? It's probably a bit charvy but I think a smooth looking front might look quite good. I can't find any smooth grilles any where so I've picked up a front grille on eBay for next to nothing and I'm going to give it a go and see if I can get a decent result from it, cutting the badge out and doing a bit fibreglass work myself. If not it's not really any loss.
That sounds like a great idea mike, would love to see some pics.

I think the badge should unscrew from the back, so you can take that off. Like you said, you could fill in the middle part and fibreglass it over, giving you a smooth effect running through the middle.

One other thing to think about, it there an indent in the bonnet for it? If there is, that would need sorting at some point too.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]

I'd think it better to mould the grille bought off ebay and then let a piece in to that deleting the badge, so you can then make it in one section and as many times as you want.
Search for Wimpy and read some of his posts, He de-badged his berlingo and I remember there being a discussion about it
Lliam

53 plate Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D Polar White
will have a search and see if I can find any info, cheers.

There's no indent in the bonnet so it should just be a case of working with the grill, I'd thought about just cutting the badge out the middle all together and keeping the grill the same as if the badge wasn't there. I'll have to decide when I get the grille what I want to do exactly, I'll keep yous posted with pics.

I like your idea though Phil_G making a mould of a one, could start making them then and selling them haha!
Well... it's only took me about 6 months to do this but here we go, a couple of progress photos...

Apologies for the rubbish quality, it's dusk and I only had my phone to hand, hoping to get some better pics on a decent camera when the grille's fitted and maybe enter the November photo competition.

[Image: 11aho5v.jpg]

[Image: 2cp97c5.jpg]

Let me know what you think, the grille obviously still needs some mesh and then fitting to the car. The other picture is to show the back after I've removed the badges and fitted black number plate surrounds.
(31-10-2011, 04:41 PM)mike_g Wrote:  Well... it's only took me about 6 months to do this but here we go, a couple of progress photos...

Apologies for the rubbish quality, it's dusk and I only had my phone to hand, hoping to get some better pics on a decent camera when the grille's fitted and maybe enter the November photo competition.

[Image: 11aho5v.jpg]

[Image: 2cp97c5.jpg]

Let me know what you think, the grille obviously still needs some mesh and then fitting to the car. The other picture is to show the back after I've removed the badges and fitted black number plate surrounds.
Its OK, i miss the chevrons it be like a merc without the star.
Only my opinion Smile

I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
I like it. See DuamoHDi (I think that's his name) he's done similar - amongst other things.

One of the first things I did to mine was to de-badge the rear, it looks much better for it
[Image: 568db7a3-db69-efae.jpg] Yea that is my name! Looks a lot easier on the mk1 tho.
Very nice, is that a cooler at the front?
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here
 [Image: mybbsig.php]