Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Ventilation fan switch
Hi everyone,
I have a 2005 Berlingo 2.0 HDI
I have noticed a buzzing noise when the ventilation/blower fan switch is in the off (straight up) position. When the switch is moved to position 1 the buzzing noise stops. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help to get access to the back of the switch would be much appreciated.
Thanks.[/size][/font]
(10-09-2013, 02:04 PM)billandben Wrote:  Hi everyone,
I have a 2005 Berlingo 2.0 HDI
I have noticed a buzzing noise when the ventilation/blower fan switch is in the off (straight up) position. When the switch is moved to position 1 the buzzing noise stops. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help to get access to the back of the switch would be much appreciated.
Thanks.[/size][/font]
Only thought I could add would be that when the switch is to the right of top dead centre is circulation is from outside. When left it is interia circulation. One of the things I hate about the Mk2 Bingo. Most cars have a speed control and a separate circulation control to set say 60% interia, 40% exteria. Perhaps when you are at top, there is a vibration as the "flap" is neither in or out. When you move either side, the flap moves to a defined position. On mine (2003 Mk2), the interia/exteria control cable had a kink in it causing the cable to snag and the switch failed. I had to disconnect the cable to the flap.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Modmytop for this post
Thanks for your reply, Modmytop,
I will try to have a look under the dash for any kinked cables.
Yeah when the switch is to the right of top dead centre air is from outside.
The very low buzzing noise seems to be coming from the fan/blower unit under the passenger side dashboard, and this noise stops when the switch is moved either from top dead centre to the first click/position clockwise (with the picture of the car with incoming exterior air), or when the switch is moved anticlockwise past the first click with the picture of the car with recirculating interior air to position 1 (second click), which actually starts the fan blowing.
This very slight buzzing noise is only noticeable when the car is stationary parked in the garage with ignition off and key removed, Doesn't seem to matter if ignition is on or off, it still makes the noise.
MK II 2005 Berlingo with aircon
Thanks for any help
Citroen must have changed something over time, on my Mk2 2003 as soon as the ignition was turned off the heather blower did not work.
Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem I just thought I would mention it.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.