Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Reverse Light cable
Hi all,

Going to fit reverse parking sensors to a 2010 Berlingo Mark III.

I have got a relay to switch the CANBUS reverse light cable, however I have taken off the light housing and wondered if anyone has fitted onto the reverse light with Scotch connectors and know which colour the cable is.

Thanks in advance.
Hi. Take of the connector on the rear light. You see a big ground cable going in to the connector. And You have two wires under the ground wire. And three above.

The R-lighT cable is the cable under the ground wire in the end where its only two wires. I I I GROUND I I

my cable was yellow on the left hand side of the car
Thanks very much for the info. Anything tricky I should be looking out for here when doing this? Thanks to the forum I am going to tie into the permanent live in the boot availed off when an addition Maxi Fuse is added to the fuse box.
Mine was installed by the dealer but You can check my thread. Maby it helps. I dont know

On mine control box. I see with my control box you just connect the sensor and buzzer. and the ground and power+. And it worked

The power is connected direct to the R-light.
take care when you do this ,there is a warning on the loom which states you cannot connect anything with a greater current draw than i think is 10 mA a relay is about 150 mA.i had the same issue when i fitted a reversing camera,fortunately there is a tow bar fitted to our car and i could take the supply off the box for that as it is an electronic may have to buy a solid state relay.
Thanks all for the kind replys.

I did see the warning about the 10mA and as such I went back onto ebay and bought the relay switch specifically for the cisbo parking sensor for the princely sum of 8 pounds. Which is great as the output end has the specific connector to plug into the sensor base.

I used this with the newly gained permanent live gained by adding a Maxi Fuse in slot 2 detailed in another thread. This gives plenty of current to run the base.

One thing on my connector the yellow wire is the reverse light but it was in position 1 of the connector making it the second one down from the ground cable on the end with 2 wires.

The only problem I am having at the minute is removing the storage bin on the drivers side. I have all 3 screws removed but the thing just doesn't want to come out. I can see 3 clips at the rear will just have to caox it a little bit more.