Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Xtra headlights. Darker nights
Do any one of You Good peapole have extra lights o. Your berlingo?
Pics?

I am looking to mount a set of xtralights. But it does not look good with rally 3000 in the front. Too big i think. So a neat design and keep the good aperance of the car is a bonus.
Led bars could be an option

Any idea. Want massive light beam/power
What about modifying the grille, to fit rectangular lights within the border? The Hella 155 (copy of older Cibie lights) is pretty strong.
Just a thought, but before you point the power tools at your front grille, make sure your existing lights are at their best. I've spent a fortune over the years, modifying cars & vans, trying to get better lighting, with mixed success.

My 2012 Berlingo van lighting has been totally transformed by simply changing the standard H4 bulbs for better ones! I fitted "Philips 12342-XVS2 H4 X-Treme Power" bulbs and they've improved my normal dipped beam lighting to among the best I've ever had. They aren't like the silly 100watt conversions which fry your wiring, these ones are a straight replacement.

I also looked at HID (Gas discharge) conversions, but they're illegal in the UK unless your headlamps have automatic levelling and headlamp washers, which my van doesn't. So that was a no-no for me.

Also get your beam alignment checked if you think they might be off.

You can still always supplement your main beam with Hellas or Cibies etc if you need, but age and bitter experience always makes me start my own little projects off at the "cheap end" these days and sometimes this philosophy pays off! :woop:

Best of luck for your Norwegian winter
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement…
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Argos69 for this post
I have a knob in the car cabin that alows me to adjust the headlights and also have washer on the lights. So in that case it would be legal to install HID.

any tip for mounting HID in the stock headlamps?
Or just a H4 to HID conversion kit solld on ebay?
(25-09-2013, 08:20 PM)Tikki Wrote:  I have a knob in the car cabin that alows me to adjust the headlights and also have washer on the lights. So in that case it would be legal to install HID.

No idea about Norway (if that's where you live) but they would still be illegal for UK use. It must be auto levelling. Plod round here have done loads of lads for fitting HID's (It's rural and you need decent lights)

Try better bulbs as suggested. Osram Nightbreaker plus are also worth a look.
(25-09-2013, 08:20 PM)Tikki Wrote:  I have a knob in the car cabin that alows me to adjust the headlights and also have washer on the lights. So in that case it would be legal to install HID.

Not sure about laws in Norway, but the manual headlamp adjustment knob isn't "automatic", so wouldn't be legal for HIDs in the UK.

There's more to fitting HIDs than many people realise, beyond the legal side of things. I haven't fitted a H4 HID kit for ages and that wasn't to a Citroen, so it'll be a case of buying a H4 conversion kit and doing a bit of guesswork. You do tend to get what you pay for (in terms of reliability - check the replacement bulb cost - they can and do fail) and also remember that certain levels of UV light emitted from the cheaper/bluer bulbs can make some plastic headlamp covers brittle/cloudy over time. Not sure if there's an automatic bulb failure system which will protest at the HID units, either. Ok, sounds like a bit of russian roulette, but when it works, it looks great!
Good luck! Confusedalut:
As others have suggested change your bulbs, I've just fitted Osram Gold Nightbreakers on my van and have noticed an improvement on the dipped beam and a vast improvement on the main beam on my Mk2. However looking at the packaging info it does seem these bulbs have a shorter life than standard bulbs and as I drive for a living and use my lights alot it will be interesting to see how long they last.
I dont realy care about the rules. If i Get puled over by the police i only Get a notice if They Even see it. I doubt it. The notice say that i have to change the headlights to orginal bulbs and show the car at a garrage and They Sign the notice that the car is back to original. Drive home and change again.

So HID conversion kit i think its the way to GO. Have Tried better bulbs but did not help so mutch for me.
(26-09-2013, 06:10 PM)Tikki Wrote:  I dont realy care about the rules. If i Get puled over by the police i only Get a notice if They Even see it. I doubt it. The notice say that i have to change the headlights to orginal bulbs and show the car at a garrage and They Sign the notice that the car is back to original. Drive home and change again.

So HID conversion kit i think its the way to GO. Have Tried better bulbs but did not help so mutch for me.

Can't really follow that with anything further. Some of the "rules" are designed to stop you dazzling another road user and maybe causing a fatal accident. Must avoid Norway on my next night time motoring holiday :eek:
Ive got a Hid Kit fitted to my Lingo van,There Bi-Xenon so high and low beam and are excellent and passed 2 Mots no probs Smile (Nice and Blue )