Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2 Average
rev counter
Hi all,
The rev counter on my 2001 1.9d berlingo multispace forte, has started to act strangely. The needle started to register below the numbers at the bottom of the clock, it then seems to have reset itself on zero, and seems to be trying to move for a second or two, and then reverts back to zero, it also leaps occasionally up as far as 10 on a gear change and immediately drops back down to zero. It wobbles when driving but just doesn't seem to have the energy to move. All other dash clocks and lights are working. Anyone have any ideas?
regards
Neil
I'd check the earth connections on the car first, could be a simple problem of a rusty earth. If not, it could be the sensor, although not entirely sure where it is on a berlingo, input shaft of the gearbox or on the crankshaft pulley possibly.[/align]
(28-05-2011, 06:33 PM)mike_g Wrote:  I'd check the earth connections on the car first, could be a simple problem of a rusty earth. If not, it could be the sensor, although not entirely sure where it is on a berlingo, input shaft of the gearbox or on the crankshaft pulley possibly.[/align]

(03-07-2011, 06:21 AM)tonycartwright Wrote:  
(28-05-2011, 06:33 PM)mike_g Wrote:  I'd check the earth connections on the car first, could be a simple problem of a rusty earth. If not, it could be the sensor, although not entirely sure where it is on a berlingo, input shaft of the gearbox or on the crankshaft pulley possibly.[/align]

I got the same problem I'll let you know how I get on.