Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
2.0 HDi 2004 Diesel Berlingo Van head removal
Hi, How many hours should I be quoted by a professional garage to remove and install the head from my 2.0 HDi 2004 Diesel Berlingo van ?.Smile
Depends what work they're going to carry out on it once it's removed....
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
(31-10-2013, 05:45 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Depends what work they're going to carry out on it once it's removed....

Many thanks for the reply, once the head is removed two valves will be replaced, together with the cam belt.
So, head R&R, head service/check, new valves, aux belts, timing kit, water pump, PAS flush, brake fluid flush and bleed (why not; you're in there). If you had a belt failure it may also be that you need rocker arms.
(01-11-2013, 08:21 AM)addo Wrote:  So, head R&R, head service/check, new valves, aux belts, timing kit, water pump, PAS flush, brake fluid flush and bleed (why not; you're in there). If you had a belt failure it may also be that you need rocker arms.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, no belt failure just glow plug breaking in one cylinder - so how many hours to strip down and take of head ?
That's a question perhaps better answered by Lighty. I've never done an HDi head - Diesels aren't that common here yet. I'd be surprised if a competent workshop couldn't have the head sat in the parts washer within ninety minutes. Cleaning and reassembly - not including consumables or sublet works, at a complete guess two to three times the dismantling hours until it's ready to drive away.