Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
driver seat legroom
Is there anyway of making the drivers seat go back that little bit extra when it hits the bars, I got a 2013 demonstrator out for a while before I close the deal and the leg room is just that bit shy to make a long journey comfortable
my 3 seat version I would say no as the bar cannot be removed because center seat belt fixing is part of it, 2 seat version you may get an extra 1" from removing the bar
what if the bar could be tweeked at the bottom mountings and could move it back a couple of inches
ive got a solid bulkhead so mine cant go any further back, im 5 10 and my seat is right back touching the bar to the point it creaks touching the seat
Mine`s at full stretch too. Just right for me, but no spare!
well when i picked up the new van, first thing I done was look at options for more legroom, considered moving the runners back, which meant drilling holes an inch or so further along and taking a piece out of the raised floor. But went for moving the ladder bars which were stopping it going back and reclining the back a bit more. Made stainless steel brackets, bolted one onto the the tie hold down position (wont be using them anyhow) and the other I drilled thro' and fitted a rein. plate below. Above at the cross beam I shaped some plates to locate into the existing fixings and these adjustments moved the bar rearwards by 4" at the btm and 3" at the top. Success.. seat base moved further back and down and the back bit reclined.

[Image: Screenshot2013-11-24at163915_zpsa8aa2e83.png]
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to klberlingo for this post:
  • addo, Ol'Jeffers, RolyG
I've just bought a 2010 multispace xtr. I love the seat height but I really don't feel like I have enough leg room. I'm a 5' 7" woman, so surely it ought to be able to accommodate my legs - how on earth would a brawny 6' 4" man cope? Or am I missing something....? Is it because I like the seat height pumped up to the max?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hello LizA welcome to the forum there are two lever's on the front of the seat the lower one on the right will make the seat go back and there's one on the left that will make the seat go down and back slightly or forward and up when you are sat in it HTH
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • LizAtk
Thanks, Jed. I have found those two levers, but I seem to have the seat back as far as it will go, and my legs still feel very cramped. Maybe it just needs a bit of brute force... I'll get my husband on to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
that was a simple solution i done by moving the ladder rack back from the edge onto the floor. Seat did go back another inch or so and will recline as well
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to klberlingo for this post:
  • LizAtk