Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Roof Bar Removal
Hi all How do remove the roof bars from mk3 xtr can you do it from the out side or do you take the roof lining down from the inside to get to the fixings as some one got a diagram Thanks Jed Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

ive just fitted roof rails to a van, they were also listed for car version, they are bolted from the top/outside, I would think they would all be the same fixings built into the body shell
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]
I have taken mine off (to keep height down for Brittany Ferries). You have to grit yor teeth and lever off and slide forwards or backwards the front and back 'cowlings' using a thin bladed screwdriver. They have self locking plastic clips which have to be distorted to allow the first to release - it all becomes obvious when it is off! You think that it may break but it is probably stronger than you think.
You can then remove the bolts from above ie outside, from memory a torx head. You may need to find some extra SS bolts to put in the holes, as it is not clear if they are tapped blind holes (ie waterproof).

The other tip is to park it next to a wall or similar so that you approach it from above - unless you over 7feet tall.
(02-12-2013, 06:00 PM)finny Wrote:  ive just fitted roof rails to a van, they were also listed for car version, they are bolted from the top/outside, I would think they would all be the same fixings built into the body shell

Thank you finny glad i've not got to take the roof lining down Smile

(02-12-2013, 09:43 PM)pmh Wrote:  I have taken mine off (to keep height down for Brittany Ferries). You have to grit yor teeth and lever off and slide forwards or backwards the front and back 'cowlings' using a thin bladed screwdriver. They have self locking plastic clips which have to be distorted to allow the first to release - it all becomes obvious when it is off! You think that it may break but it is probably stronger than you think.
You can then remove the bolts from above ie outside, from memory a torx head. You may need to find some extra SS bolts to put in the holes, as it is not clear if they are tapped blind holes (ie waterproof).

The other tip is to park it next to a wall or similar so that you approach it from above - unless you over 7feet tall.
Thank you for your help pmh i will have a go when the temp go's up so the plastic is more flexible Smile 7 feet tall i'm 18" to short ha well out with the ladder
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy