Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
EGR Blanked
Hey guys, after 8 months of having my berlingo ive finally got round to blanking off the EGR Valve on my 1.6hdi it hasn't put a light on the dash either so that's another thing ticked off the list.
Well done.

Did your EGR and inlet piping / manifold need cleaning and also have you noticed any difference in the running of the vehicle yet ?
To be honest I didn't even look at the inlet or piping, I just blanked it off to prevent any more gunk in the engine. Ive only taken it round the block will keep you posted on how she drives.
You mean you loosened it off & put one of these ebay blanking plates in, yes? Is that Mk2 or 3 Berlingo?
Yes that's right spot on lossened two bolt and fitted the blanking plate,took her for a good drive today and runs the very same. It's a 2007 mk2 1.6hdi which is the same engine in the mk3.
I blanked my egr valve off , 2005 2.0 hdi , it ran ok for @15 miles then ran like the exhaust was blocked and wouldnt rev over 2000 rpm ! It was showing a air flow fault (cannot remember what code ) I took the plate out and it went fine after resetting the codes !
Blimey that's got me worried now touch wood it will be ok.
Can the ecu not be reset by a garage, if the blanking plates are available one assumes they can be made to work?
Thats what i thought ! After reading up about it it should only make your engine run better ! But my car wouldnt have it !
You can get the EGR deleted with a map saves trying to fit a blanking plate
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy