Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hello
Hello, My name is Gavin and I from larne in sunny Northern Ireland!! I have had my 2006 berlingo from new. Very standard white van. It now has 148k on it but I've managed to keep it in pretty good condition, has the odd knock here and there.

I've had a few problems with starter motors, it seems to eat them!! Also put a new rear axle in it. Which was a complete nightmare, I had trouble bleeding the brakes and ended up putting a new load sensor valve which had to go through mot a few times before they passed it!

I work for my dad and he has decided to change it for a newer berlingo which I'm happy about but I've decided to buy the old one off him and add some nice mods to it (I'm slightly attached to it)... Hoping to put a set of alloys and lower it a bit and give it a good clean.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gav1212 for this post:
  • Ol'Jeffers
Hello Gavin welcome to the forum
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Hi & welcome.Do a comparison between the old & new & let us know.'Cos wer'e a nosy lot here.Not me,of course.:whistle:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • gav1212
Welcome along what engine is in your berlingo? Im getting worried about my rear axle failing now very common problem.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to V6BOY for this post:
  • gav1212
(09-01-2014, 08:09 AM)V6BOY Wrote:  Welcome along what engine is in your berlingo? Im getting worried about my rear axle failing now very common problem.

Its the 600D X 1.9 it was a bearing that had collapsed and it thought it was as simple as changing the bearing but unfortunately the bearing is machined into the axle. The axle is straight forward enough to do, for me it was the load sensor valve was the problem. I just found it hard to bleed the brakes and get air out of the valve.
Ill know where to go when I have trouble with the rear axle then, ahh right sound's like a pain how did you get the air out of the system in the end?
I spent about 4 hours bleeding the system. But maybe that just could have been my van... Hopefully yours will be quicker bled!