Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
New Car stereo and remote control
Could not find a proper thread, but please show me if...
But here it is:

I want to change my car stereo to a new one, with DAB (as norway going for DAB now) and i have a few questions...
Will a standard car stereo fit where i mine now?
Do i need a Facia plate to allow smooth fitment?
Do i need aerial adapter to fit into the new one?
Where i can i get a proper steering wheel control adaptor so i can continue using the nifty thing.
I have not tried to remove the original stereo get....
Stereo i think about is:
Pioneer DEH-X6600DAB
Will it be ok with the original loudspeakers? I am not fan of loud music. Just want radio and play some mp3's in background.

Berlingo 2005 mod 1.4i multispace.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
My Car INFO:
CITROËN BERLINGO (MF) 1.4 i (MFKFX, MFKFW)
2005 Mod
Volum: 1360 KW: 55 HK: 75 Fuel: Gasoline
I don't know about the adaptor for the steering wheel control, but I've read on this forum that Alpine radios really work well with these.

As for the size, that should be no problem, and my Pioneer radio came with a facia plate that fits around the case and covers up the ugly edges of the sleeve.

Here's a pic, with the radio face plate lowered, and just ignore the fact that this pic was taken in the middle of installing a new Air Con switch. As you can see, the silver-colored facia fits around the radio and looks clean. It came with the Pioneer:

[Image: 2lar3mu.jpg]
[Image: 177657.png]   2004 1.9D DW8 WJY with black spray paint on wheels instead of flimsy plastic wheel covers.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to teddyc1 for this post
Varg, I think that picture of the Pioneer DEH-X6600DAB shows the radio with a black Facia mounted, which is around the 4 sides of the radio.

To show the difference, I just grabbed two new pics of my Pioneer,
one without the facia,
[Image: 122ybfl.jpg]

and one with the facia:
[Image: 14bu9fd.jpg]

I would bet that any good stereo including Alpine arrives with a facia in the kit.
[Image: 177657.png]   2004 1.9D DW8 WJY with black spray paint on wheels instead of flimsy plastic wheel covers.
(13-02-2014, 09:35 PM)teddyc1 Wrote:  Varg, I think that picture of the Pioneer DEH-X6600DAB shows the radio with a black Facia mounted, which is around the 4 sides of the radio.
To show the difference, I just grabbed two new pics of my Pioneer,
and one with the facia:
I would bet that any good stereo including Alpine arrives with a facia in the kit.

looks good!
I will definitely change radio, so i can use Bluetooth and USB, and DAB.
Seems like 1 found a whole set at ebay, with adapter for steering wheel remote. Something like this. This seller is offering remote adapters
Ebay link
My Car INFO:
CITROËN BERLINGO (MF) 1.4 i (MFKFX, MFKFW)
2005 Mod
Volum: 1360 KW: 55 HK: 75 Fuel: Gasoline
(27-02-2014, 06:32 AM)Varg Wrote:  looks good!
I will definitely change radio, so i can use Bluetooth and USB, and DAB.
Seems like 1 found a whole set at ebay, with adapter for steering wheel remote. Something like this. This seller is offering remote adapters
Ebay link

I hope it goes well! Just remember to disconnect the power either at the battery or the fusebox - before hooking up the Pioneer to the audio. If not, you will probably blow out the pico fuse for the radio ground circuit, resulting in alternator whine in the sound. For your sake I hope your seller hasn't blown it already. :whistle:
(27-02-2014, 07:10 AM)teddyc1 Wrote:  I hope it goes well! Just remember to disconnect the power either at the battery or the fusebox - before hooking up the Pioneer to the audio. If not, you will probably blow out the pico fuse for the radio ground circuit, resulting in alternator whine in the sound. For your sake I hope your seller hasn't blown it already. :whistle:

Where do you find this pico fuse? Not that I've got alternator whine but for future reference.
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
That kit doesn't include the steering wheel control adaptor:

•Steering wheel control ready - *Contact for details on adapter

It's an extra adaptor.

It also says:

•Citroen Berlingo : 1991 – 2002

Isn't yours a 2005 MK2 model not the Mk1?
i once saw pics online, and the fuse on the circuit board is near the radio outputs, and is marked FUxxx where xxx is a number. it can be bypassed by a thin wire or by a low value resistor. At the moment, I cannot seem to locate the pics or the right posts.

I recommend typing "pioneer ground pico" into google, check out posts such as:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/show...oneer+Fuse

http://community.crutchfield.com/car_aud...unit-noise

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/aud...6k*-75438/

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/tech...ntion.html