Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Berlingo mk2 hydraulic clutch
Does any one have any informations if a hydraulic clutch can be fitted to a mk2 berlingo from a different model of psa? Ive heard that some berlingos 1.6 hdi had a hydraulic cluth but havent seen one myself to check if the system is hard to swap over. Most of all if the system can be fitted on to the cabel driven clutch type gearbox. If not then I might need to get the gearbox from a car platform 2.0 hdi. (btw I think I wouldnt mind having longer gear ratios as I dont carry very heavy loads any way)

Just dont tell me whats the point as I like a challenge Big Grin

Plus scrap yards are flooded with pugs and citroens Wink so getting parts is no a problem.

I would appreciate any informations as Im tottaly new to french cars. Ill keep on doing my own research any way.

Thanks Smile Confusedalut:
I like the simplicity and reliability of the cable clutch - I consider a bonus!

Horses for courses Smile
2004 1.9D Multispace/Budget crew cab work van!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chronyx for this post
I also like the simplicity but do not like the heavy pedal of my cable operated clutch so will be watching this thread with interest. Good luck.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post
I'm a hydraulic clutch fan as well. Unfortunately because of how PSA list the parts, you can't easily see how much or how little is different.

I'd be starting by looking for a hole/plug in the firewall; the master cylinder looks to be a bayonet fix item.
aha I have actually done this Smile I did it for the v6 van conversion, you need a brake/clutch pedal assembly and mounting plate, it was easy on my van as I had the engine out to make way for 210bhp of rip snorting v6 power, but it is simply a case of unbolt and bolt in..... when you can unclip all the brake pipes and pull the servo forward enough, never done it with an engine in the way so can't help you there, but I pinched my plate from a 1.6hdi and also have a brand new (from pug) master cylinder if you need one Smile hope this helps, the plate is different as the cable goes downwards about where the cylinder goes thru the plate Smile they aren't swappable unfotunately
[+] 1 user says Thank You to dumdum for this post
Thats good news mate. Time to start looking for parts.