Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
1.6 HDi - Dropped Cylinder
In my role as "Last Chance Larry" (or possibly people just see it as that) I was called in to put the Lexia on a C4 with the DV6 engine.

The owner had already had a crack at fixing a leaky injector (#2) but clearly the car was not firing on all four. Aside from the injector possibly not being re-seated well (apparently he'd had the sleeve come out with it) is there any frequency of other issues with a leaky cylinder - does it gum up the valve margins, for example?

The owner had also been trying to identify which cylinder was faulty by popping off injector leads while it was running! :eek: Fortunately this seemed to have not done any damage as it was injecting to all bores within tolerance (at least, according to Lexia). Or will it still fire with a damaged output driver to one or more injector channels?
Have had a few faulty injectors on these engines, only thought is wether he dropped something into the cylinder whilst doing the injector. Lots of carbon can fall in the cylinder & could get stuck under a valve seat.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Lighty for this post
As lighty just wrote if it is carbon or some thing else under the valve seat the valve clearance on that valve /cam will be bigger rocker /cam cover off job or compression test allso would it not chuff a bit if the valve is slightly open if not it back to the injector
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy