Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Berlingo Mk3 heater
Evening everyone, I have just joined and was looking for some advice re my 2009 berlingo van. I have had it for nearly a year but when I bought it the previous owner pointed out that the heater fan sometimes sticks but a quick knock below the gearstick always frees it. This has been the case until a fortnight ago when I noticed that the fan was much noisier than usual and seemed to be labouring. When it was at full speed it was as if it was at no.1 speed. Now it goes for a few minutes when the ignition is switched on and then slows right down to almost stop. Would it be a matter of just replacing the fan? if so, where is it located? Any help would be appreciated thanks boab
Fan is above the throttle pedal, sounds like you need a new one
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Lighty for this post
It seems like the bearing on the fan as gone dry and started to seize the fan need's to be replace
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post
found fan and dropped it down to pedals while still connected to electrics. turned on engine and fan switch but nothing. Quick nudge with a screw driver and it sprung into life but wouldn't restart without a nudge so new fan ordered. Thanks for all the help. ps can anyone tell me where the pollen filter is on this van?? thanks in advance