Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Newbie with a partner looking for info :)
Hey peeps, newbie here looking for some info. Mods feel free to move if I'm in the wrong sectionSmile

I've recently acquired a partner HDI LX600 on an 04, problem is I've come from a clio 172 so the partner feels like it handles like a boat lol

I'm looking to find as much info on suspension options as possible before I make a move. Basically I'm looking for better handling, before anyone starts I'm not a tool looking to slam it and boy racer about, I'm just use to stiffer suspension. Any upgrade is on the cards weather it's just springs or coil overs. I'm also not a huge fan of the gear ratios but after some searching I've not found a 6 speed conversionSad
I'm also new to torsion bars so a good guide to lowering toe rear would be useful. Anyways main questions are

- is there a good guide preferably with pics to lowering the rear

- what are my options for stiffening the rear and what dampers fit? I've heard 306 dampers fit and the Mi16 rear beam is the only upgrade that's a direct fit?

- what are my options to lowering the front? Again I've heard 306 dampers fit? I'm happy to fit springs but seen as the dampers have covered 140k I'm happy to replace them too. Btw I like eibach springs but will consider anythingSmile

- is there a better gearbox available? 6 or 5 speed. The van carries no weight most days and when it does it's never more than 100Kg so the low gearing is just a pain, I'd like to be closer to 70mph at around 2000Rpm

- what wheel options do I have? I don't want to scrub but I wouldn't mind some 16 inch alloys or at least some bigger/wider steels.

Also guys is there any routine maintenance that I should be considering at this mileage other than the obvious? I've just serviced it including aux belt and timing belt ( also I noticed the key way on the crank has some movement in it but looks like it's supposed to?:/ )

Any help appreciated guys and thanks In advance!
Doesn't look like its worth it but bump anyways
Welcome, there should be a few folk here with good advice for you.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
Thanks for the reply bud! It ain't looking good lol
Until the member with the relevant info reads your thread,nothing will happen.Be patient.Confusedalut::thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Peugeot 306 coilovers will fit the front, pretty sure the rear beam is 405 based but dont quote me on that lol. Either way I know 306 shocks dont fit the rear so I just had the beam lowered and kept the standard shocks. Wheels wise you can get wider wheels on, I've had Ford offset 17x7 alloys on mine using 20mm spacers and currently have 15x8.5 steels with 5mm spacers on to clear the'll probably have to get the rear arches rolled however if its getting lowered.

Hope this helps Smile
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

Thanks for the info bud! Now I know what definitely fits I can have a scan on eBaySmile

Is your on coilovers? If so what brand ? And is there a specific 306 model that I should search for coil overs for?

I'm only asking because for instance on the clios the bolt spacing on the hub is different for cup models and different again on the trophy!
Another bump Smile
TA Technix, only cheapies but they do the job! My first set came off a 2.0 xsi and the latest set came off a Dturbo..can't say I've noticed a difference TBH so I'm guessing they're all the same spring rate ect?
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

I've seen those on eBay, those or some rokkor ones. Tbh I think the cheap ones are all the same just rebranded or no brand lol

Think I'll just order some and see how they go!

I think I'd like to stick with steel wheels but bigger, I'll have a look on eBay and see what's about, hopefully I'll find something with the tyre profile I'm looking for Smile