Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speedo Cluster Light gone out! 63 plate berlingo
Bug 
Hi All

One of the bulbs (I'm assuming it's a bulb) has went out behind my speedo cluster as there is only one half of it lighting up (the mph side is dark and the rpm side is lit)

I took it back to the dealership I bought it from as it had only done 400 miles and they said it was not covered under warranty and there was nothing they could do!

I was wondering if anyone knew the type of bulb and how to get access to it?

Thanks
That sounds like bullshit from someone who doesn't want the pain of removing the dash to get to the bulbs...
(08-03-2014, 10:43 PM)AbysmalCraig Wrote:  Hi All

One of the bulbs (I'm assuming it's a bulb) has went out behind my speedo cluster as there is only one half of it lighting up (the mph side is dark and the rpm side is lit)

I took it back to the dealership I bought it from as it had only done 400 miles and they said it was not covered under warranty and there was nothing they could do!

I was wondering if anyone knew the type of bulb and how to get access to it?

Thanks

Do not try to fix it yourself, if you do your dealer will say that you have void your Warranty.
It should be repaired by them free of charge.
Any problems contact Citroen HQ in Slough and ask them about it..

Just noticed Citroen have moved, new contact details :-

--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Trevor for this post
Yes it is warranty, dealer just fobbing you off because they have to ok warranty work with Citroen & they can't be bothered. Contact Citroen via citroen uk website here using the email address of contact centre & state you require this to be fixed under warranty naming your suppling dealer. In my experience this works well. Dealer may even ring you to tell you to bring car in.

Generally I have found Citroen UK more helpful than my main dealer. Several times during 3yr warranty period of my car I was told things like split gear lever gaiter were not covered & after emailing Citroen it was done.
Name and shame the dealer.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Kickstart for this post
I suppose customer retention has no value to the average Citroen dealer?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Hi guys took the van back to the dealership it was bought from (which is in Finniston, Glasgow, Scotland) and said that this needs to be fixed under warranty. Which they agreed to do and offered me a free courtesy car for my trouble!

Two hours later I go to collect the van and get hit with a £685 bill for a new speedo and the use of a hire car for a full day!

I refused to pay and told then the work should have been done under warranty and I was offered the courtesy car for free! So after about an hour of arguing they realised they were in the wrong and apologised!

So I gets in the van after all that and now the speedo won't light up and the rev counter doesn't work at all! So I goes back in demanding an answer and all they could tell me is I don't know!

So they take my van off me overnight and did not offer me a courtesy car so I was stranded 35 miles from home

Not happy at all which is a shame because I love my berlingo!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to AbysmalCraig for this post
I think an e mail to Citroen cc would be worthwhile.Stress the bad service & attitude as this needs to be sorted.Good luck.Confusedalut:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Cheeky barstewards report them to Citroen Angry
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(09-03-2014, 07:42 PM)AbysmalCraig Wrote:  So I gets in the van after all that and now the speedo won't light up and the rev counter doesn't work at all! So I goes back in demanding an answer and all they could tell me is I don't know!

Clearly they don't check their work. They told you that the van was ready to collect and thus that they had successfully completed the work.
They also presented you with a vehicle that was now unroadworthy due to their 'expertise'. I hope that you kept all of your receipts for your
journey home that evening or that you can substantiate how much it cost you. I think that we've heard of this dealer's poor performance before. The name seems familiar.
[fon‌t=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool [/font]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post