Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tax disc
Just paid for my Road Tax

I pay for ROAD TAX to agitate the pedantic.:wave:
I also google with a search engine, hoover with a dyson and photoshop with photoplus.

Anyway the new other half suggested I shouldnt display the new one until the old one has expired -not sure about that one is she correct?Confusedcratch:

Ive been in internet exile for a while and wasnt aware this will be the last Disc I will ever buy -October sees the death of the taxdisc.I see they will surcharge the direct debit payments though the crafty basketsSad
Your other half is correct.

However me probably like everybody else puts it on the windscreen as soon as I receieve it , cause I can guarantee I would forget to replace it!

Never had any problems doing that, it would take a serious jobsworth to do you for displaying it early

Its also going to be harder to spot an abandoned car too...
Other half is right, it is invalid until the 1st of the month.
If you got a 12 month ticket it will be the last one you have, as from October discs will be no more.
You must display current tax disc other wise it's failure to display i think it's £80 fine Rolleyes
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(27-03-2014, 09:00 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  You must display current tax disc other wise it's failure to display i think it's £80 fine Rolleyes

Correct, well it is until October. After then it's optional to continue displaying it and you won't be issued with a disc when you renew after October. Car tax will also become non transferable to the new owner.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user says Thank You to stuartinlancashire for this post
(27-03-2014, 09:31 PM)stuartinlancashire Wrote:  
(27-03-2014, 09:00 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  You must display current tax disc other wise it's failure to display i think it's £80 fine Rolleyes

Correct, well it is until October. After then it's optional to continue displaying it and you won't be issued with a disc when you renew after October. Car tax will also become non transferable to the new owner.

So,if you sell it,you get the tax refunded?Confusedcratch:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post
Yes. You have to apply for a refund and the new owner has to tax it. When you think about its a going to he a good earner for the treasury because you can't get a partal refund for a part month and you can't tax for a part month.

(27-03-2014, 09:43 PM)stuartinlancashire Wrote:  Yes. You have to apply for a refund and the new owner has to tax it. When you think about its a going to he a good earner for the treasury because you can't get a partal refund for a part month and you can't tax for a part month.

You're not implying our much loved government will rely on our apathy to rip us off?I must have misunderstood.Rolleyes:whistle:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post
" our " Government ? ;
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[+] 3 users say Thank You to taxi for this post
(28-03-2014, 06:52 AM)taxi Wrote:  " our " Government ? ;
Ha Ha !
Ever seen Passport to Pimlico?