Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
airbag warning light autoliv 550897200
I bought a Berlingo van about a year ago, didnt realise the airbag warning light had a bit of black tape over it (to hide the fact it was flashing!), the mot tester noticed it so I'm having to solve it as now a failure item. Ive got an Autoliv 550 89 7200 airbag ecu. It has 3 input/outputs - the passenger seatbelt tensioner,drivers seatbelt tensioner and the airbag. Ive disconnected all 3 devices (actually airbag was already disconnected, I thought this would be the problem fixed) and replaced with 2.5 ohm resistors to fake out the ecu but the warning light still flashes. I assume that this car must have had a prang, so next step is to reset the ecu. My options so far - buy a used one on ebay for £20, send it off on ebay for a reset for about £24, go to citroen garage. Is there anyway I can prove my ecu needs resetting, what do you recommend I do with it - can I do it myself with software? I believe its something to do with eprom being reprogrammed to remove crash data. What a palaver - Mike
Had airbag light and passenger airbag deactivated lights permanently on on my mk2 MSpace. With help from Rustscrat and a Lexia it turned out to be broken wire in multiplex wiring between BSI and engine compartment fusebox. If your's is flashing, it may not be same. Suggest you get code reader on it. What year is it?