Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Great service from a main dealer
Credit where credit is due to Stoneacre Citroen dealership in Wrexham for the service they have given to me recently.

After trawling Ebay and breakers yards for a window catch for the rear quarter glass on my Berlingo, I started to lose the will to live with the quotes I was getting - between.£20 and £30!

I decided to call the above dealership as its only about 10 miles down the road from Chester, to see what their price would be. I was amazed to be told that the total cost would be £12.23 including VAT, a replacement captive not and seal. I promptly ordered said part, which was going to be 3 days on order. Within and hour I had received a missed call from the parts department, and a text message. The message told me that the part wouldn't arrive until 29th April as it had to come from France. I called back to thank them and agreed to wait.

Today I received a missed call and a text message to tell me that the part had arrived early and awaited collection, so I was down there like a shot. After I had paid, I remembered that I needed a side repeater bulb, so ordered one from stock, to which there was no charge. On top of that, I queried the removal of an inherited roof bar that I cannot remove, so their mechanics tried unsuccessfully to remove it for me (in the pouring rain). The torx key in my modutop just spins in the nut, and I don't think it's a 5 sided Allen key fitment either :S

All of this was no effort and delivered with smiles at all times - so refreshing!

Stoneacre now have a confident customer for life, as I think they would have treated me the same whether I was buying a brand new Berlingo, or a solitary screw :thumbsup:
0 to 60 - be patient, 0 to 100 - not in my lifetime! :eek:
It may be a slow Blue Slug, but it"s the only slow Blue Slug that I own :S
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to BlueSlug for this post:
  • Ol'Jeffers, philip, RolyG, Saul
Deserves a mention :thumbsup:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • BlueSlug, RolyG
Tbf, I've never had any complaints with my Citroen main dealer Holland-on-Sea Motors which is a family owned business & not part of a big group. Cars still running ok after 5yrs & 52k miles.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • BlueSlug
(25-04-2014, 10:48 PM)BlueSlug Wrote:  Credit where credit is due to Stoneacre Citroen dealership in Wrexham for the service they have given to me recently.

After trawling Ebay and breakers yards for a window catch for the rear quarter glass on my Berlingo, I started to lose the will to live with the quotes I was getting - between.£20 and £30!

I decided to call the above dealership as its only about 10 miles down the road from Chester, to see what their price would be. I was amazed to be told that the total cost would be £12.23 including VAT, a replacement captive not and seal. I promptly ordered said part, which was going to be 3 days on order. Within and hour I had received a missed call from the parts department, and a text message. The message told me that the part wouldn't arrive until 29th April as it had to come from France. I called back to thank them and agreed to wait.

Today I received a missed call and a text message to tell me that the part had arrived early and awaited collection, so I was down there like a shot. After I had paid, I remembered that I needed a side repeater bulb, so ordered one from stock, to which there was no charge. On top of that, I queried the removal of an inherited roof bar that I cannot remove, so their mechanics tried unsuccessfully to remove it for me (in the pouring rain). The torx key in my modutop just spins in the nut, and I don't think it's a 5 sided Allen key fitment either :S

All of this was no effort and delivered with smiles at all times - so refreshing!

Stoneacre now have a confident customer for life, as I think they would have treated me the same whether I was buying a brand new Berlingo, or a solitary screw :thumbsup:

It's not much fun,wanting a solitary screw.Confusedcratch:Rolleyes:whistle:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(27-04-2014, 05:15 PM)ron Wrote:  It's not much fun,wanting a solitary screw.Confusedcratch:Rolleyes:whistle:

I could take that comment in varying ways :eek:

I coincidentally received another text today, to inform that my pack of screws are now in stock. I did indeed only require one to fix my centre console, but they come in packs of ten Rolleyes
0 to 60 - be patient, 0 to 100 - not in my lifetime! :eek:
It may be a slow Blue Slug, but it"s the only slow Blue Slug that I own :S