Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Covers
Has anyone bought seat covers for a Mk2 which they can recommend? A good fit and decent quality materials?

I have purchased two sets from different sources and taken both back because the fit was so bad.
Try these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271111930110?_...EBIDX%3AIT

I found these to be ok after much searching.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BERLIN...2319f1566b

I bought these a couple of months ago. They are a neat fit, although the headrests are a bit tight and show some of the original seat covering. I'm pleased with the front two seats but seem to have a problem with the double seat at the back and a lack of opening for the seat belt catches. The back seats come in two parts, the front just one pullover piece.

They are a bit hard to vacuum if you have dogs, as the hairs stick to them more than on a normal seat cover and with them being slightly loose it's hard to use a stiff brush on the hairs.

They came with loops at the back and little metal hooks but no instructions! In the end I just put string through all the loops and pulled tight for the back seats. Looks a bit ungainly but hidden when the boot is shut. The front seats are much better as the cover goes over the whole of the back of the chair, whereas the rear seats only go partway down the back of the chair back.

All in all, for none waterproof seat covers I would give them 7/10. My original seats were very, very dirty and grungy so despite the minor faults I think these are a great improvement!
(07-06-2014, 05:15 PM)MissMc Wrote:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BERLIN...2319f1566b

I bought these a couple of months ago. They are a neat fit, although the headrests are a bit tight and show some of the original seat covering. I'm pleased with the front two seats but seem to have a problem with the double seat at the back and a lack of opening for the seat belt catches. The back seats come in two parts, the front just one pullover piece.

They are a bit hard to vacuum if you have dogs, as the hairs stick to them more than on a normal seat cover and with them being slightly loose it's hard to use a stiff brush on the hairs.

They came with loops at the back and little metal hooks but no instructions! In the end I just put string through all the loops and pulled tight for the back seats. Looks a bit ungainly but hidden when the boot is shut. The front seats are much better as the cover goes over the whole of the back of the chair, whereas the rear seats only go partway down the back of the chair back.

All in all, for none waterproof seat covers I would give them 7/10. My original seats were very, very dirty and grungy so despite the minor faults I think these are a great improvement!
Agree that these are quality covers....had them in previous taxis.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(07-06-2014, 04:17 PM)polar Wrote:  Try these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271111930110?_...EBIDX%3AIT

I found these to be ok after much searching.

Thanks for the link but I'm after standard 'decorative' covers, not the 'workwear' style.

(07-06-2014, 07:14 PM)taxi Wrote:  
(07-06-2014, 05:15 PM)MissMc Wrote:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BERLIN...2319f1566b

Agree that these are quality covers....had them in previous taxis.

Thanks to both. I'm a bit concerned though that they don't fit properly at that price! If it's going to be necessary to pay that kind of money then I think I'll shop around locally a bit more. Much easier to return if necessary.

I should be OK for fitting since I have already removed all the original seat covers, put them through the washing machine and refitted them. A rather longer job than I expected when I started!
The ones I got from dkMoto were great...5 base covers, 5 backs , 5 headrests and two armrest covers....even had facility to retain use of front seatback trays.- easily removed and refitted for washing
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut: